Ryanair Passengers Revolt

So I was reading an article about Ryanair today and how passengers decided to protest against the airline.  Basically from what I read, and I included a link to the article, Ryanair took off after the destination airport was closed and then diverted without telling the passengers until they landed. I am just thinking, if the airport was closed before Ryanair took off, or they knew that the airport would be closing before they were able to reach it, are they not obligated to tell the passengers they are going somewhere else? Wouldn't them not telling the passengers equate to kidnapping? Don't get me wrong, I understand the need to divert, but if you know before you leave, where is the social responsibility?
 
Furthermore, it reads as if the in-flight crew all left the plane, as well as the pilot. My next thought, the crew abandoned the plane, isn't that some sort of MAJOR TSA issue. Here is the link to the article. Leave me a comment and tell me what you think...
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If the pilot truly left the door to the flight deck open he is an imbicile. The whole situation is a shame. I hate it that so many people who were counting on landing at home, where there car is parked, had a several hour bus ride. Good for them however for, on some level, standing up to the airline for the lack of information. The airline employees leaving the plane with the lav door locked is pretty weak. I for one would have pooped on the pilots seat!